Canada-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce “CBCC 2018 Gala Dinner”
Canada-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce (CBCC) hosted its 2018 Gala Dinner on Friday, March 16th at Edward Hotel Markham. Honorable Steven Del Duca MPP, Minister of Economic Growth & Development, Members of the Board of Directors of CBCC, general members and members of the business community were present at the event.
CBCC’s primary objective is to promote and protect the trade, commerce & industry of Bangladeshi owned Businesses in Canada. CBCC takes pride in rendering assistance to government and other authorities to perform operations to aid local and international businesses.
At his welcome speech, the President of CBCC, Mr. Syed Hossain, a real estate professional with over 20 years of experience, shared the history of the organization and reiterated its goals and objectives. CBCC has goes through tough times as well as times of rapid expansion, but it has always thrived to champion the interests of the Bangladeshi-Canadian business community, Mr. Hossain said. The Vice President of CBCC Mr. Areef Rahman, CEO & President of True Tone Solutions also reiterated the fact that CBCC will continue to liaise with various stakeholders such as the government, financial institutions and other business communities to further the interest of its members.
Honorable Steven Del Duca, Minister of Economic Growth & Development of the Government of Ontario congratulated to organization and its members for their contribution in economic development of the province. The steady progress and stability of Ontario’s economy is a result of the hard work and dedication of thousands of business owners across the province, the Minister said. He reaffirmed the commitment of the government to help creating a favorable environment for business development. The Government of Ontario will support and extend all possible help for the upcoming trade fair hosted by CBCC, Mr. Duca assured the business leaders.
Mohammed Shakil Mahmud, the first secretary of the Bangladesh High Commission Canada, attended on behalf of the High Commissioner Mr. Mizanur Rahman. Mr. Mahmud highlighted the services extended by the High Commission to the Bangladeshi-Canadian business community as well as the investment opportunities available in Bangladesh. He also invited the business leaders to participate in the upcoming trade fair.
Mr. Ashabuddin Khan, President and CEO of M&F Mortgage and Financial Solutions Inc., Mrs. MAhmuda Khanom, owner of Ghoroa Restaurent were presented with the 2018 CBCC Business Award.
The members of the Board of Directors of CBCC were introduced to the audience. The Board is as follows:
- President: Mr. Syed Hossain, Real Estate Professional
- Vice President: Mr. Areef Rahman, CEO & President of True Tone Solutions.
- Vice President of Finance: Mr. Mainul Khan, Insolvency Consultant at Debt Solutions Inc.
- Director & Chair of Events: Mr. Tanvir Siddiqui, Director of Islam Garments & Groups
- Director: Mr. Anwar Azad, CEO & President of Canadian Media Entertainment
- Director: Mr. Sabur Sikder, CEO & VP of Finance of Beyond the Horizon
- Director: Mr. Nasir Kashem, CEO & President of Academy of Learning College
- Director: Mr. Helal Khan, CEO & President of BD Sourcing INC.
- Director: Mr. Shamim Arif, President at Infinity Financial & Investment Inc.
- Director: Mr. Zahidul A. Khan, CEO & President of B’Casual Apparel Co.
Original News Link: